Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

These are super duper moist! Extremely yummy brekky option. The fructose from these muffins comes entirely from the apples, which also come with plenty of fibre.

INGREDIENTS
3 grated granny smith apples (I leave the skin on for extra fibre)
1 diced granny smith apple (for crunch, feel free to omit this one)
1.5 cups dextrose
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil (I used peanut since thats what I had on hand)

METHOD
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined. Divide between patty pans and bake at 200 degrees celsius for 20 mins.

Makes 24

Per muffin
- 160 cals; 6.1gm fat; 2.4gm protein; 22.4gm carbs; 12.9gm total sugars; 2.4gm fructose; 100mg sodium

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your recipes. I am definitely going to try them. I have been fructose free for 3 months now and have lost 8kg. For the first month my weight did not budge but I felt skinnier. (bit of a frustrating time when you don't see the rewards on the scales) So stick with it and you too will reap the rewards.
Maree

casmy004 said...

All the best to you on your fructose-free journey. My family and I have been fructose-free for about 1 month now, and feeling great. Thanks for the recipes, I will definitely give them a go.
:)
Michelle