Welcome to my followers! I'm so excited to see you here! Thanks for choosing to follow my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here :)
So tomorrow makes 2 months since I made the switch to a fructose-free lifestyle. I can't believe how easy it has been for the most part. I've manged to lose 3.5kg in these 2 months. Not heaps, but definitely better than nothing!
I have a confession, this past 2 or 3 weeks have been harder than they should be. Just after the 6 week mark, I really wanted a chocolate. So, I figured what was the harm in having one chocolate bar? I had a smarties bar and enjoyed every mouthful. But the next day, I was ravenous. I was scrounging around the cupboards all day looking for things to eat. And ever since, I think I have been eating more sugar than I should. I've been eating lattice biscuits. Although one every now and then hasn't affected me, I was eating 3 or 4 or 5 every day. I started having lots of steak sauce when we have red meat, instead of the small scraping I was having occasionally on a bacon sandwich. All up, compared to someone who still eats sugar, it was hardly anything. But for me, it was enough to keep me from detoxing again and just enough to keep all the cravings raring.
I've been detoxing since Sunday now so today I feel great again and now I know to either not eat sugar, or if I really must, plan on detoxing again the next day and do it.
I must get into more brekky baking. I've given up baking sweets for snacks, I had to. I still can't stop myself eating the whole batch. But I do enjoy a sweet breakfast. I've been eating english muffins for breakfast lately just because I couldn't be bothered baking.
I have a yummy recipe for chocolate-banana muffins (with a non-chocolate option if you prefer) that I will post soon, and I'm on the lookout for some more varieties. If you have any requests let me know too, I love experimenting.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment