Thursday, October 7, 2010

3 weeks

Don't you think my post titles have been SO creative lately? :) Oh well, they do the job.

It's now been 3 weeks since I stopped consuming excess fructose. It's been really easy! I'm so surprised that I haven't been tempted to eat chocolate or cakes. There have been less than a handful of times where I've even thought about having sugary food.

Admittedly, I have been consuming way too many fructose-free baked goods! Whilst the physical cravings are definately gone, the bad habits I've fostered over the last 15-20 odd years have remained. I have baked 3 lots of chocolate muffins and 3 lots of chocolate slice in the past 3 weeks, and each time I have eaten the whole batch within 48 hours.

For most of my life, I have let myself eat. If it tastes good, I love it and will eat it till it's gone. No matter how sick or full I feel. I love to keep having that nice taste in my mouth. If it's there, I MUST eat it. It's a very bad habit and has been my downfall, even now. Because of this nasty habit, I've only lost 300gm in the past 3 weeks.

I really think I'm just going to have to go without any sweet foods at all. I don't know if or when I will ever be able to break that habit. For now though, if I want a shot at losing weight, I won't be able to bake :(

I think I will really start to drop the weight off once I stop doing the baking. I'm not fond of savoury food so I only eat it when I'm really hungry (you know, the way you are supposed to eat food!)

I am however going to make some breakfast muffins. I have the ingredients today to make some weetbix berry muffins. I am sick of cheese or peanut butter on toast or weet bix. After we do the grocery shopping tomorrow I will also be making some ham, cheese and tomato muffins, so I can alternate the sweet and savoury ones.

0 comments: