Thursday, September 16, 2010

Still Sick! And 'Sweet Poison'

So now it's been 5.5 weeks and I'm STILL sick :( I did get better for a day or 2 only to get much worse again. We are all sick in fact. Ez had a chest infection (now better but still on antibiotics), Aliza developed tonsillitis again and had what we think was a reaction to the amoxycillin (unlikely since she's had it at least 7 times before), seemed better but then threw up at school, high temps etc so she's on a different AB now. Seth has flu-like symptoms and I'm generally just unwell with a cold (sore throat, tired, blocked nose etc). Life is freakin fun!

Meanwhile, Mum recommended me to read the book 'Sweet Poison' and it's counterpart, 'The Sweet Poison Quit Plan' which she has read and has now cut sugar out of her diet. I was skeptical (and to a degree I still am) but I will be starting in a few days myself.

It all seems very logical and based in biology more so than 'eat under 600 cals a day and dont mix protiens and eat no carbs etc' (Cohens).

Anyway, I will be starting soon (I was going to wait 2 weeks till after a dinner out for my sister-in-laws birthday, but there will always be something else coming up and maybe I would never start. That said, I think I will definately miss the Chocolate Mandarin Citrus Cake I was planning to have for sweets!) and I'll keep updated with my progress here. If it works, I will be gunning to take my whole family off sugar at some point in the near future.

Oh, I meant to add, I'm sticking with Midwifery at uni. I've exhausted all the other options and none of them are for me. So while I have some reservations about it still, it is the right path for me in the end.

0 comments: