Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Revelation

Last night after coming home from the shops, I had a moment of clarity. I never leave the shops without consuming a treat. Whether that be a chocolate bar, a muffin or cake from Brumby's, an ice cream or the whole hog of iced chocolate and cake from Dome, it is very very rare to leave without eating something. I have come to expect a treat every time I go to the shops. Bad, bad habit.

So for the next 2 weeks, it is my goal to not have any treats at the shop. Hard as it will be, I need to go cold turkey on this, instead of saying 'Oh, I will just get a freddo or mini muffin each time to start with.' No point dragging out the inevitable, which is, no treats at the shops (or very few).

Eating was OK today, not great. I had too many pikelets (shouldn't have made them, but Miss Fussy wasn't eating yesterday and thought I might tempt her with carrot, apple & sultana pikelets). And I had margarine on them too *slaps wrist*

But to make up, I danced to the Wiggles for 10 minutes then followed that up with 25 minutes of marching on the spot (We slept though our walk this morning).

Motivation is pretty high today :D Remind me of this in a few days when I'm sure motivation will be waning!

0 comments: