Saturday, May 10, 2008

Getting fitter!

After yesterday's walk, I decided today that we should add an extra bit to our walk, so now it is 2.5km instead of 2km. I had done some calculations that I was walking 4.4km/hr on the old route, and I timed out walk again today, and we walked an average of 5.4km/hr! PLUS, I wasn't nearly as puffed and sweaty, even though we walked faster (my calves were burning though! I always forget to warm up first!). I am very happy :D Who would have thought that me, who used to stay at home and gorge while Seth took Aliza for a walk, would be walking every day, and getting faster, and liking it (I definitely won't say love just yet, but I'm sure that will come).

I do enjoy our time together on the walk though. Half an hour with no distractions and time to talk. Its great. Plus, Seth is a great motivator, he wont let me take a short cut home, and because he is pretty fit and can keep a good pace, I cant slack off and walk slower. 2 bonuses.

And to think all this just started one day out of the blue. One day when I had had enough of my fat flabby body, and not being able to do anything physical without getting puffed, Seth said, 'Well, you know you should be coming for a walk' and I just said 'Fine! I'll walk with you!'. Don't know where that came from, since usually I protest and make excuse after excuse, but I'm glad I made the decision.

0 comments: