I must admit, I've mostly recycled this from another 'facts about me' quiz, but I thought it would be a nice chance to share a bit more about myself.
Join in on your blog and send me a link in my comments if you want :)
Here we go!
1. I was born on 24th December, but have celebrated my birthday on 1st December since 1984. I consider that to be my 'real' birthday and only use the 24th for documentation.
2. I am PASSIONATE about informed choice for women in regards to pregnancy and birth. Nothing riles me more than women being either misinformed or not caring to get informed.
3. My career goal is to become a midwife. (see above)
4. I am passionate about home birthing, but I don't feel the need to force others to home birth. I would like them to make an informed descision regarding that though (see 2, are you sensing a pattern? lol)
5. My daughter was born via emergency caesarean after a 12 hour labour at home (general anesthetic), because she was undiagnosed breech and we had a cord prolapse. I didn't see her till she was over an hour old, and I don't remember meeting her for the first time. :'(

6. I desperately want to lose weight but I am hopeless at sticking to any kind of healthy eating or exercise. Obviously dont want it enough to give up yummy food...
7. I have lost my father-in-law to a sudden heart attack and my Nan to lung cancer. I miss them both terribly but a lot of the time I feel guilty because I don't miss them all the time.
8. I have one daughter and one son. I was hoping for another girl while I was pregnant, although I am super happy I had a boy.
9. My husband is my very best friend, we are so lucky to be both on the same wavelength for nearly every important decision in our lives. Doesn't mean we don't fight though, we fight alllll the time over silly things, but we get over it very quickly.
10. I am allergic to penicillin. It was discovered when I was 3, and possibly I am no longer allergic. One day I would like to be re-tested.
11. I am VERY self-concious and hate being in situations where I don't know people, or don't know them well, but I think I am fairly good at acting confident (even if inside I am just wishing I was somewhere else)
12. My best girl friend Brenda and I have been friends for 13.5 years. We have only had one fight in that time.


13. I love to plan birthday parties for my kids. I spend 6 months beforehand going over all my theme options, looking for inspiration for the birthday cake and invitations.
14. I love photography, and I'm slowly getting better at it thanks to a few blogs running 'take better photo' segments and actually getting out the camera and just taking hundreds of pics.
15. I love my son's name (Ezra) but really wish we had used my first choice, Bexley.
16. Even though my first homebirth ended up in hospital, I had my second baby at home. A lot of people were weirded out that I even had a first one, let alone tried again.
17. I LOVE to read, and I read very quickly. I finished 'Breaking Dawn' (over 700 pages) in less than 4 hours. I love to be able to read fast but sometimes it's a pain because I usually finish the book on the same day, then I have to find another book.
18. If I had tried, I could have probably gotten As and Bs in school, esp year 12. But its hard to get high grades when you spend more than half the time wagging and the other half chatting or flirting. I still managed an A in maths though (I love maths and science)
19. I lost 15kg while pregnant with Aliza, and I stupidly put it all back on and more in the few years following :( I then lost the same amount while pregnant with Ezra and put it all plus more on again!
20. My 'mums group' consists of 12 other mums I met on an online forum while we were trying to fall pregnant. We have been very close now for over 5 years, and I feel extremely blessed to call them close friends, even though I have only met 3 of them in real life. We have 34 children between us, and possibly a few more will be on thier way in the future.
21. My son was born in a blissful home water birth, 6 hours of total labour but the first 3 hours were (almost) painless erratic contractions.
22. I LOVE to organise and write lists, schedules, budgets and timetables etc. I am VERY bad at following through on them though.
23. I am very sentimental and have boxes of old letters, photos, calendars, diaries and other mementos. I don't really place any sentimental importance on things like clothes or jewellery etc.
24. I am extremely messy and untidy. I hate it, but I don't have the inclination to change.
25. I have just recently found a love of sewing and after having some lessons I'm not too bad at it, when I take my time.


4 comments:
Great list! Thanks for sharing!!
Nice list!!! I can't believe you read Breaking Dawn in 4 hours!!! I read it fast too... but not THAT fast! haha! My list: http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com/2010/12/things-you-should-know-about-kassi.html
wow, these are interesting! I would have been too afraid to try homebirth. You are very brave :-)
Hi,
This is my first visit to your blog. I started reading the random thing from The Idea Room.
I got such a chuckle out of your name choices. We have an Eliza Jane and our son is Joel Ezra. I love those names. I like Ezra much better than Bexley. :}
Have a Happy New Year.
Shelley
Post a Comment